A grunge makeover for pretty florals
From tops to dresses and from scarves to hairbands, we’ve all been besotted by the pretty floral prints. However, this time around we’ve decided to take our love affair to another level with an edgy take on this flirty, feminine pattern. Open your arms to weathered florals (drum roll)!
How to nail weathered florals?
As the name suggests, weathered florals are the grunge version of dark florals. Keeping in tandem with People’s edgy brand persona, this otherwise feminine print gets a toughened look. Pastel shades and textured fabrics give this collection a completely different meaning. Comfortable yet stylish silhouettes in tie-dyes and ombre hues make up this trendy collection. Prints and graphics are the nerve center of this enviable line.
Style tips while flaunting weathered florals
- Brighten up your look by teaming a weathered floral top or dress with bright lips.
- If your weathered floral top has a pastel undertone, then pair it up with a dark wash denim.
- Accessorise and not excess-orise should be the mantra. Don’t go overboard with jewellery.
- Let the rebellious florals take precedence. They should be the focal point of your look.
- Break the stereotype of florals and femininity with sporty accents be it in the form of shoes, bags and accessories.
Still need some styling advice? Take a look at some of your favourite celebrities and see how they’ve done florals.